- Complete portability. Use it anywhere!
- Easy Do-it-Yourself Calibration (sealed standards provided)
- Compact & Rugged (15 lbs, floats)
- Quickly Counts & Sizes (16 seconds min.)
- Custom Easy-to-Use Software
- Eliminates Sample Cell Flushing
- Built in Magnetic Stirrer
Utilizing the principle of "near angle light scatter", a revolving laser beam passes through the walls of a glass container of a flow-thru cell. When it is directed through a central "sensitive zone" the PC-2300 not only counts the particles in suspension, but tabulates their size as well. The analog signals generated by the light pulses are routed to a computer and digitized.
Optical Schematic of the Laser Particle Counter
Spectrex provides three sealed calibration standards with each unit. Each standard contains a precise number of NIST traceable polystyrene spheres of known size in suspension and are sealed with inert Argon gas. These standards have a proven stability of more than 10 years and provide efficient calibration within 10 minutes.
Detailed Laser Optics
- Water Treatment Plants
- University Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Oil Refineries and On-site drilling
- Bottling & Beverage Operations
- Oceanographic Studies
- Hydraulic Fluids and Oil QC
- Liquid Chromatography Solvent QC
- Cooling Tower and Waste Water Filter Efficiency
- Particle Agglomeration Studies
- Silts and Sediment Sizing
- Particle Settling Characteristics
- Corrosive Chemical and Solvent Sizing
- Vial and Ampule Inspection
- De-ionized Water and Acid Testing
- Cell Counting
Developed by Spectrex, the custom interfacing electronics and proprietary software provide an easy means of analyzing and saving data generated by the PC-2200. SuperCount provides instant sizing information and histogram of size distribution in addition to indicating:
- Absolute Counts
- Mean Size
- Mass Distribution
- Percentage Distribution
- Standard Deviation
- Total Suspended Solids
The dilution factor can be automatically computed to give absolute count for liquids as dense as sludge! SuperCount also is loaded with a special bonus program for hydraulic fluids* and Phi classifications.
- Opacity Meter - provides an instantaneous measurement of the sample's opacity to correlate with computer calculations.
- Small Vial Attachment - for use with 5ml vials or ampules.
- Magnetic Stirrer - built into the PC2200 when ordered, eliminates selting by inducing a constant motion of the sample.
- Flow-Thru Cell - Spectrex stocks various sizes of flow-thru cells and can manufacture cells to customer specifications. Cells are also available for testing at high pressure and temperatures.
- Size: 14.5 " x 9.5 " x 6"
- Typical bottle size: 15-60 mm inside diameter
- Bottle Material: transparent, scratch-free glass
- Weight: 15 lb.
- Power: 115v 60Hz AC, 12v car jack or internal battery (battery runtime is 5 hours)
- Detectable Particle Size: from 0.5Ám - 100Ám
Some Users of the Spectrex Laser Particle Counter
- Domestic Users
- International Users
- Geology, Oceanography and Sedimentology
- Oil Industries
- Pharmaceutical And Biomedical Institutions
- Semiconductor, Disc Drive and Clean Solvent Industries
- Army/Navy/Air Force Bases
- Water Treatment/Pollution
For more information, including pricing, please contact Continental Hydrodyne Systems.